Email marketing is simply a form of direct marketing done through email to communicate commercial message to an audience. Therefore, whenever email is sent to an existing or potential customer for commercial purpose is considered and email marketing. It can also help a merchant to enhance relationship with its existing and new customers and to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business.
The beauty of it all is that email marketing can be used by any kind of business. This is because it helps all types of businesses; big or small to get instant sales from existing customers and at the same time helping to maintain and build long term business relationships. This is essential for the success of any business.
1. Less expensive: email marketing campaigns are cheaper when compared to other conventional marketing techniques such as print and online advertising methods.
2. More effective: email marketing gives you the opportunity to proactively communicate with your existing customers and prospects or direct them to your website or store instead of waiting for them to do that on their own. It is a highly effective method of increasing traffic to your website or store.
3. Results are immediate: after sending out your email campaigns, you can begin to see results or responses almost immediately. The results or responses to email campaign will start showing within 3 days while conventional direct mail may take several weeks.
4. Fully track-able: you can track a whole lot of information with email marketing campaign such as the numbers of emails sent, emails that were opened, emails bounced back, click-through rate and unsubscribed emails. The information can help you quickly adjust and make decisions to your business.
5. It is highly targeted, easier to create and personalised: email campaign can be set up in a moment. The message is targeted to recipients who would be interested in your promotion or offer. And the message can be addressed to them individually.
Many companies, some of which may be your competitors are already using email marketing to generate high revenues. You have no reason not to try it too.