- Font Size needs to be larger than that of standard emails. We suggest at least 13 pixels which is at least size 2px in the EzyMsg system.
- Large concise headlines. 35 characters or less.
- Email design width should always be 600 pixels or less.
- Single column layout designs always works best. Multi column layouts are messy and difficult to read on a small screen.
- Don't clutter your clickable links. Give your links some space for chubby fingers to choose the correct link. Big clickable buttons are also a great option for fat fingers.
- Take it easy on the words. Long winded and worded emails will give your clients eye strain when read on a small screen. Get to the point ... quickly.
- Call to action should always be at the top of the message and click to call options are a great idea. Include multiple click options as people scroll down. Will save them having to scroll back to the top to take action.
- Use of many images should be considered carefully. Images should be small & clean to ensure a quick download as people could be in a slow network area when receiving your email. Don't waste their time with a slow downloading email that hasn't had it's images optimised.
Have fun with your designs. Smartphones are called that for a reason any they will display your emails very well if you follow these simple steps.