A good email marketing program helps tie together your hotel’s entire buying cycle, from marketing and sales to customer service, connecting the guest with your hotel at all levels. You can easily process reservation transactions and handle customer service inquiries and feedback via email. Through the cycle, you can gather valuable information about your guests that can help you target sales strategies, refine your email database, identify market trends and uncover opportunities for new products and services.
A bad email marketing program is a one way communication piece where you are just stuffing “one size fits all” offers and deals into receivers inboxes. Your list will fatigue quickly and your emails become less relevant. It also means your churn rate is high as you need to constantly chase large numbers of new contacts to replace the ones that have become non-responsive on your database.
Our Top Tips for Email Success:
- Never ever stop building and refining your email database
- Establish objectives of each campaign before you start
- Build a message that is relevant to the recipients interests
- Get to the point … quickly! You only have a few seconds
- Target specific demographics within your database
- Move away from one size fits all communication
- Make sure your email designs look great on mobile devices
- Test, test and re-test. Never stop refining your campaigns.
- Determine your best time to send. Not all businesses are the same
- Pay much more attention to the senders name and subject line.
- Don’t hide your call to action. Make it obvious what you want people to do. If it’s a button make it a BIG button. If it’s a link to click on make sure it’s underlined.
To achieve the maximum results from your email marketing program requires experience, expertise and advanced technology as well as some time to get it right. Amazing results are there for companies that spend the time.