Stay focussed on your customers when creating your campaigns because email is easy and cheap to use. Many businesses fall into the trap of sending any old junk and expecting it to work. Remember, while email is very convenient, it is also very heavily used, and very easy to dispose of.
Some things to consider:
- Provide content that is relevant and valuable to your customers
- Use short paragraphs and lots of sub-headings
- Include links to all relevant sections of your website for more information
- Be specific, offer real solutions not generalisations
- Proof Read: there is no quicker way to damage your credibility than with typos and misinformations
- Test that all web links work and go to the correct page (broken links are embarrassing and highly unprofessional)