The most important part of getting email marketing right is to get the right information to the right people.
Ask yourself this question each time you plan a new campaign: "Would I be happy to receive this email".
Making your campaigns relevant is important for two reasons:
- It will increase your response rate
- It will increase the life-span of your email list by reducing your unsubscribers
Some things to consider when planning your campaigns:
- What’s in it for the customer (benefit, offer, information)
- Is this useful for every customer, or specific customers?
- What’s new?
- Has this approach worked in the past?
- How can I gather feedback about this campaign?