Good email deliverability means your email campaigns are making into inboxes instead of ending up in spam folders. Once your campaign hits the recipients inbox you can compel the largest number of subscribers possible to open your message rather then delete it. Good open rates lead to higher click-through rates and better overall ROI.
But what does it take to maximize deliverability?
Here are a few basic tips to help grow your delivery potential.
- Become a Trusted sender: Encourage the recipient to add your from address to their address book, trusted sender list or approved sender list.
- Analyse and Manage Bounces: Analyse your bounces, correct obvious typos (e.g. ".con" instead of ".com") and unsubscribe any hard/permanent bounces.
- Respect any Unsubscribe requests: Monitor your "reply to" address, some recipients may not use the unsubscribe link, but instead choose to reply to your email requesting they be unsubscribed.
- Understand Email SPAM filters: Check your subject line, from line, and email, and avoid using language and techniques that might look like SPAM.
- Avoid the following: SPAM-like words e.g. Free or guarantee. Red only Text, overuse of capital letters and Excessive Punctuation or symbols e.g. !!!, ???, $$$.
If you can master these few easy tips, your well on the way to maximizing your deliverability and getting into your recipients inbox.
Want to LEARN MORE about Improving Deliverability? Why not check out our free whitepapers at our Training Portal: