- Make it easy to subscribe- offer an easy to find and easy to complete opt-in form on your website
- Use social media to your advantage- adding an email opt-in form to your Facebook timeline is so easy these days, tweet links to your subscription page, make sure to answer the question "what's in it for me"
- Offer Email only exclusives- when you offer unique deals just for being on your email list, subscribers have more reason to stay subscribed. Offer something in your email that can't be found on your website or social media.
- Run a contest- offer something of value, create a special landing page or Facebook page that details your contest and provides a sign up form.
- Subscribe via checkout- if you have a retail business, ask for opt-ins at checkout, tell them what they can expect to receive.
- Participate in events- Have a booth at an industry event or trade show, collect business cards from customers or a simple email sign up book.
These are simple and solid ways to grow your email marketing list. Your list will constantly change and evolve, make sure your efforts go along with it.